What’s so scary about retirement? According to the clients I’ve worked with over the years…plenty. From losing your working income to rising healthcare costs. There’s a lot to make you jump like a teenager watching a scary movie. So what do current and future retirees have to worry about? Quite a bit actually. Here’s a […]
This won’t be my traditional article about money. It will be about Halloween. Halloween is the beginning of my favorite time of the year – fall! Don’t get me wrong, I love summer and sunshine. But there’s something nice about fall and the crisp air and the holidays that come one after another. Festive…yea, that’s […]
It’s on every investors mind. Shall we dare speak it? What will I do if the market falls? If you’ve been investing for any length of time then you’ve experienced a market correction much like the one we are in now. But I’m not talking about a mere 10% correction. I’m talking about a drop like […]
October is month when leaves are changing color, there’s a nip in the air signaling the beginning of fall, and of course stock market corrections! I can’t believe as I write this that we have already entered the fourth quarter. Boy time flies! I’m completing my year end client reviews and advising clients on their […]
In Part 1 of Facing The 7 Biggest Money Fears This Halloween, we faced: Fear of Never Getting Out Of Debt Fear of Reviewing Bills and Bank Statements Fear of Losing Your Job Wow! Pretty spine tingling stuff. Now we’ll go deeper into your Biggest Money Fears. So hang on to your wallet. Fear of […]
Holy crap another credit card data breach?! What’s a poor credit card user to do? First, well first and second, it was Target. Then Home Depot and now K Mart. These breaches are starting to be more and more common. They affect millions of card holders. My guess is that the security measures by these […]
Will money fears haunt you this Halloween? Now that you’re older, ghosts and goblins don’t scare you anymore. But there’s a more terrifying manifestation that haunts your every thought. It’s far worse than any creepy creature you imagined under your bed as a child. What is this beast that plays on your fears? It’s […]
When small-business owners ask me how they should save for retirement, I tell them they don’t need to worry about it – if they like the taste of cat food. If they don’t? In that case, I have some strategies. Before I launch into specifics, though, I think it’s important to emphasize two things about […]
The 401(k) is probably the most popular retirement plan in America. Most of you probably have one where you work. But what’s this Roth 401(k) you’ve been hearing about? How does it work? Is it as good a deal for you? The Roth 401(k) seems to be cause more confusion than squirrel in a four-way […]
Protecting wealth is probably just as important as creating it. Insurance remains a crucial part of a well thought out wealth strategy. Poor planning in just one of these areas could be detrimental to your long-term wealth. It will only take one catastrophe to put you in a world of financial hurt. However, the natural […]
About David Dedman
David A. Dedman is President and Founder of Lexington Wealth Management, a wealth management and 401(k) advisory firm. David has been assisting investors and business owners invest smarter, grow wealth and plan for the future for over 20 years. David has appeared in such publications as WealthManagement.com and the Huffington Post.
- Fear and Greed: Still the Great Motivators April 1, 2012
- 5 Reasons to Do Financial Planning…Even During A Zombie Apocalypse March 22, 2012
- Sudden Wealth from a Life Event? July 17, 2014
- The Difference Between Saving & Investing June 12, 2012
- Why Investors Do The Crazy Things They Do – Concept 1 Anchoring July 18, 2013
- Think Halloween is Scary? Try Retirement October 30, 2014
- My Halloween Plans – Old and New Traditions October 28, 2014
- What’s Your Plan If The Market Falls? October 23, 2014
- 4 Year End Portfolio Moves October 21, 2014
- Facing The 7 Biggest Money Fears This Halloween Part 2 of 2 October 16, 2014
- Think Halloween is Scary? Try Retirement | The Diligent Advisor: […] it isn’t there anymore! When you retir...
- My Halloween Plans - Old and New Traditions | The Diligent Advisor: […] Halloween is the beginning of my favorit...
- What\'s Your Plan If The Market Falls? | The Diligent Advisor: […] you’ve been investing for any leng...
- 4 Year End Portfolio Moves | The Diligent Advisor: […] with stocks. Yes, I said keep your stock...
- Facing The 7 Biggest Money Fears This Halloween Part 2 of 2 | The Diligent Advisor: […] Part 1 of Facing The 7 Biggest Money Fea...