Believe it or not, September is home to Ask A Stupid Question Day on the 28th! So in honor of Ask A Stupid Question Day, I conjured up a Diligent Advisor article. In fact, thank goodness for the inspiration because I had been struggling with dreaded writers block lately. I really had been asking myself […]
Looking back on all the financial scandals in the last 10 years or so, it’s amazing that investors still love the stock market! However, there is still a big portion of investors that don’t think it’s worth it to invest in the stock market. They’ve voted with their wallets too. There is an estimated $10 […]
Did you have a piggy bank as a child? I remember having a piggy bank in my room when I was a kid. You know the kind. It was a pink pig with a cute smile on its face. It had a stopper in the belly that you could easily pop open and dumb the […]
September is home to quite a few unique days. On the 28th I hope you’ll celebrate national Ask A Stupid Question Day with me! On a more serious note, September 21st honors World Gratification Day. When I talk to people about financial or monetary gratification, I often get a weird look or comment. That’s because […]
First, let’s define a Life Event. A life event is a significant event that is either expected or a complete surprise that will change your life. It can also come with significant financial changes as well. A legal settlement is definitely a Life Event. In some cases, it has taken years to receive compensation for […]
Fall is my favorite time of the year! I love the weather and the change of seasons. Fall also is a busy time for me as a financial advisor. I have to prepare year-end reviews for clients, get required distributions completed and work on any tax strategies by December. Besides my financial winterizing for clients, […]
I don’t know if you remember the 70′s television detective show Columbo. I may be showing my age even bringing it up! Peter Faulk starred as the L.A. homicide detective in the show. He was very messy and absent-minded. So the criminals usually underestimated him or thought him to be incompetent. Until he started his […]
Sooner or later every business owner wants to retire or just sell his business. For a business owner this is a huge life event. Some are very sure of their decision, while others can be hesitant. They have worked hard for years on their business. Sweating the lean times, and hoping that things would pay […]
Divorce is probably one of the most stressful things anyone can go through. It puts strain on your emotions, your family and your finances. I would categorize divorce as a Life Event. It will affect quite a few adults in their lifetimes. A Life Event is a milestone that happens in your life that causes […]
Large cap, mid cap, small cap what does all this money mumbo jumbo mean? You’ve probably heard this technical jargon thrown around by my industry. Additionally, you’ve noticed it describing your 401(k) investments too. If you’re scratching your head wondering exactly what it means, you’re not alone. Let’s start with some definitions and a few […]
About David Dedman
David A. Dedman is President and Founder of Lexington Wealth Management, a wealth management and 401(k) advisory firm. David has been assisting investors and business owners invest smarter, grow wealth and plan for the future for over 20 years. David has appeared in such publications as WealthManagement.com and the Huffington Post.
- Fear and Greed: Still the Great Motivators April 1, 2012
- 5 Reasons to Do Financial Planning…Even During A Zombie Apocalypse March 22, 2012
- Sudden Wealth from a Life Event? July 17, 2014
- Oh No! Not Another Market Correction! April 11, 2012
- What Will the End of the Bush Tax Cuts Mean for You? May 29, 2012
- The Stupidest Investment Question Ever September 18, 2014
- Debunking Five Stock Market Myths September 16, 2014
- Stop Using Your 401(k) As A Piggy Bank September 11, 2014
- 3 Simple Steps To Financial Gratitude September 9, 2014
- Sudden Wealth From A Legal Settlement? September 4, 2014
- The Stupidest Investment Question Ever | The Diligent Advisor: […] about a financial advisors fee, experien...
- The Stupidest Investment Question Ever | The Diligent Advisor: […] has. Always a good question. As an inves...
- Stop Using Your 401(k) As A Piggy Bank | The Diligent Advisor: […] really need to resist the urge to splurg...
- Sudden Wealth From A Legal Settlement? | The Diligent Advisor: […] let’s define a Life Event. A life even...
- 4 Forgotten Fall Financial Tips | The Diligent Advisor: […] to review a few financial issues from yo...