In Part 1 of Facing The 7 Biggest Money Fears This Halloween, we faced: Fear of Never Getting Out Of Debt Fear of Reviewing Bills and Bank Statements Fear of Losing Your Job Wow! Pretty spine tingling stuff. Now we’ll go deeper into your Biggest Money Fears. So hang on to your wallet. Fear of […]
Holy crap another credit card data breach?! What’s a poor credit card user to do? First, well first and second, it was Target. Then Home Depot and now K Mart. These breaches are starting to be more and more common. They affect millions of card holders. My guess is that the security measures by these […]
Will money fears haunt you this Halloween? Now that you’re older, ghosts and goblins don’t scare you anymore. But there’s a more terrifying manifestation that haunts your every thought. It’s far worse than any creepy creature you imagined under your bed as a child. What is this beast that plays on your fears? It’s […]
When small-business owners ask me how they should save for retirement, I tell them they don’t need to worry about it – if they like the taste of cat food. If they don’t? In that case, I have some strategies. Before I launch into specifics, though, I think it’s important to emphasize two things about […]
The 401(k) is probably the most popular retirement plan in America. Most of you probably have one where you work. But what’s this Roth 401(k) you’ve been hearing about? How does it work? Is it as good a deal for you? The Roth 401(k) seems to be cause more confusion than squirrel in a four-way […]
Protecting wealth is probably just as important as creating it. Insurance remains a crucial part of a well thought out wealth strategy. Poor planning in just one of these areas could be detrimental to your long-term wealth. It will only take one catastrophe to put you in a world of financial hurt. However, the natural […]
You’ve saved for years and accumulated quite a pile of wealth. Congratulations! Now your main concern may be keeping it. High net worth clients say their biggest worry is holding on to that pile of cash. You got some dough, what are some ways to protect it? Here are six you can take to the […]
I recently read an article about a “Financial Intervention”. It was fascinating. Normally when we hear the word intervention, we would think of friends and family gathered together to stop someone from abusing alcohol or drugs. The hope is that when the person sees how much everyone cares, they will seek help for the addiction. […]
Believe it or not, September is home to Ask A Stupid Question Day on the 28th! So in honor of Ask A Stupid Question Day, I conjured up a Diligent Advisor article. In fact, thank goodness for the inspiration because I had been struggling with dreaded writers block lately. I really had been asking myself […]
Looking back on all the financial scandals in the last 10 years or so, it’s amazing that investors still love the stock market! However, there is still a big portion of investors that don’t think it’s worth it to invest in the stock market. They’ve voted with their wallets too. There is an estimated $10 […]
About David Dedman
David A. Dedman is President and Founder of Lexington Wealth Management, a wealth management and 401(k) advisory firm. David has been assisting investors and business owners invest smarter, grow wealth and plan for the future for over 20 years. David has appeared in such publications as WealthManagement.com and the Huffington Post.
- Fear and Greed: Still the Great Motivators April 1, 2012
- 5 Reasons to Do Financial Planning…Even During A Zombie Apocalypse March 22, 2012
- Sudden Wealth from a Life Event? July 17, 2014
- 5 Killer Estate Planning Errors August 16, 2012
- What Will the End of the Bush Tax Cuts Mean for You? May 29, 2012
- Facing The 7 Biggest Money Fears This Halloween Part 2 of 2 October 16, 2014
- Data Breaches – What’s A Poor Credit Card User To Do? October 14, 2014
- Facing The 7 Biggest Money Fears This Halloween Part 1 of 2 October 9, 2014
- Retirement Savings Strategies for The Self Employed October 7, 2014
- Is The Roth 401(k) Right For You? October 2, 2014
- Facing The 7 Biggest Money Fears This Halloween Part 2 of 2 | The Diligent Advisor: […] Part 1 of Facing The 7 Biggest Money Fea...
- Facing The 7 Biggest Money Fears This Halloween Part 2 of 2 | The Diligent Advisor: […] Being Stolen This is again a legitimate ...
- Data Breaches - What\'s A Poor Credit Card User To Do? | The Diligent Advisor: […] Watch your credit card statements. Make ...
- Facing The 7 Biggest Money Fears This Halloween Part 1 of 2 | The Diligent Advisor: […] every light in the house, let’s face a...
- Retirement Savings Strategies for The Self Employed | The Diligent Advisor: […] I launch into specifics, though, I think...