It’s almost that time again! Taxes. I can almost see your gnashing your teeth and rolling your eyes right now. Nobody likes to do them. Unless you’re getting a refund like the recent HR Block commercial. The one with stacks of cash with your name on it! I wish. If you are in the camp […]
Well I thought I was glad I had College 529s until this week. Just a mere few weeks after my article was published, President Obama in his State of the Union Address has introduced a new plan to discontinue the tax-free withdrawals on earnings in 529 plans. Proposed Tax Change The President’s position is that […]
Irregular income can be a real roller coaster! Especially if your are self-employed. I’ll admit, that uneven paycheck ride sickened me a few times in the early years of running my business. If you’re self-employed then you likely have irregular income. Let’s face it, budgeting sucks. So here are a few creative ideas on budgeting […]
Every New Year people make resolutions to lose weight, improve their finances and strengthen their relationships. I call it the New Year, New Me Crap. We all want a fresh start with a New Year. However, most people who get those gym memberships sink back into old habits by February. In fact, January 17 is officially known […]
When my kids were very young, I set up a 529 Plan for each one. I’m learning first hand why I’m glad I started them for my kids all those years ago! College is expensive. I’ve glanced at more than a few of the tuitions for these places. What’s a 529 Plan you ask? A […]
Wondering how to boost those returns in your 401(k)? Is there really a way to make more money in my 401(k)? Actually, there are a few things you can do to improve your 401(k) performance. No, it doesn’t involve the exciting world of day-trading your 401(k)! Plus, you don’t have to be an expert at […]
I wrote quite a few articles this past year. Today I wanted to provide a list of my favorite posts of 2014. All of these are from my blog, The Diligent Advisor, and all are from 2014. Perhaps you missed a couple of these and wanted to go back and read them. Here they are […]
I recently watched Charles Dickens A Christmas Story. I’ve probably seen various versions of it a million times. I’m sure you have too. Old Bob Cratchett possessed the Christmas Spirit year round. He was happy with his family and the season. Something that’s hard to do in our modern times, let alone get that spirit […]
You’ve probably needed some money advice recently. Whether that was about saving, spending or investing. The thing is, money advice comes at you from every direction and there is an endless supply of it. Who did you turn to? Family, friends, online or your bank? Be careful to whom you actually listen to. It can […]
The Dow is within striking range of 18,000 and may hit it by the time I post this article. To be honest, it really doesn’t mean a lot. Many investors get really spooked by these levels. I’m not sure why. If I had to guess why they get spooked, I’d say it’s because they are […]
About David Dedman
David A. Dedman is President and Founder of Lexington Wealth Management, a wealth management and 401(k) advisory firm. David has been assisting investors and business owners invest smarter, grow wealth and plan for the future for over 20 years. David has appeared in such publications as WealthManagement.com and the Huffington Post.
- Fear and Greed: Still the Great Motivators April 1, 2012
- 5 Reasons to Do Financial Planning…Even During A Zombie Apocalypse March 22, 2012
- Sudden Wealth from a Life Event? July 17, 2014
- The Difference Between Saving & Investing June 12, 2012
- What Will the End of the Bush Tax Cuts Mean for You? May 29, 2012
- 5 Organization Tips To Make Taxes Less Taxing January 29, 2015
- Remember I Said I’m Glad I Have 529s? January 27, 2015
- How to Ride the Irregular Income Roller Coaster January 20, 2015
- New Year, New Me Crap Again January 15, 2015
- Boy I’m Glad I Have 529s January 13, 2015
- Remember I Said I’m Glad I Have 529s? | The Diligent Advisor: […] a mere few weeks after my article was pu...
- How to Ride the Irregular Income Roller Coaster | The Diligent Advisor: […] income can be a real roller coaster! Esp...
- New Year, New Me Crap Again | The Diligent Advisor: […] New Year people make resolutions to lose...
- Boy I\'m Glad I Have 529s | The Diligent Advisor: […] are the tax benefits? Tax free withdrawa...
- 4 Ways to Supercharge Your 401(k) Returns | The Diligent Advisor: […] involve the exciting world of day-tradin...