Protecting wealth is probably just as important as creating it. Insurance remains a crucial part of a well thought out wealth strategy. Poor planning in just one of these areas could be detrimental to your long-term wealth. It will only take one catastrophe to put you in a world of financial hurt. However, the natural […]
You’ve saved for years and accumulated quite a pile of wealth. Congratulations! Now your main concern may be keeping it. High net worth clients say their biggest worry is holding on to that pile of cash. You got some dough, what are some ways to protect it? Here are six you can take to the […]
I recently read an article about a “Financial Intervention”. It was fascinating. Normally when we hear the word intervention, we would think of friends and family gathered together to stop someone from abusing alcohol or drugs. The hope is that when the person sees how much everyone cares, they will seek help for the addiction. […]
Believe it or not, September is home to Ask A Stupid Question Day on the 28th! So in honor of Ask A Stupid Question Day, I conjured up a Diligent Advisor article. In fact, thank goodness for the inspiration because I had been struggling with dreaded writers block lately. I really had been asking myself […]
Looking back on all the financial scandals in the last 10 years or so, it’s amazing that investors still love the stock market! However, there is still a big portion of investors that don’t think it’s worth it to invest in the stock market. They’ve voted with their wallets too. There is an estimated $10 […]
Did you have a piggy bank as a child? I remember having a piggy bank in my room when I was a kid. You know the kind. It was a pink pig with a cute smile on its face. It had a stopper in the belly that you could easily pop open and dumb the […]
September is home to quite a few unique days. On the 28th I hope you’ll celebrate national Ask A Stupid Question Day with me! On a more serious note, September 21st honors World Gratification Day. When I talk to people about financial or monetary gratification, I often get a weird look or comment. That’s because […]
First, let’s define a Life Event. A life event is a significant event that is either expected or a complete surprise that will change your life. It can also come with significant financial changes as well. A legal settlement is definitely a Life Event. In some cases, it has taken years to receive compensation for […]
Fall is my favorite time of the year! I love the weather and the change of seasons. Fall also is a busy time for me as a financial advisor. I have to prepare year-end reviews for clients, get required distributions completed and work on any tax strategies by December. Besides my financial winterizing for clients, […]
I don’t know if you remember the 70’s television detective show Columbo. I may be showing my age even bringing it up! Peter Faulk starred as the L.A. homicide detective in the show. He was very messy and absent-minded. So the criminals usually underestimated him or thought him to be incompetent. Until he started his […]
About David Dedman
David A. Dedman is President and Founder of Lexington Wealth Management, a wealth management and 401(k) advisory firm. David has been assisting investors and business owners invest smarter, grow wealth and plan for the future for over 20 years. David has appeared in such publications as WealthManagement.com and the Huffington Post.
- Fear and Greed: Still the Great Motivators April 1, 2012
- 5 Reasons to Do Financial Planning…Even During A Zombie Apocalypse March 22, 2012
- Sudden Wealth from a Life Event? July 17, 2014
- 5 Killer Estate Planning Errors August 16, 2012
- What Will the End of the Bush Tax Cuts Mean for You? May 29, 2012
- 6 Must Have Insurance Policies September 30, 2014
- Got Wealth? Here’s How To Keep It September 25, 2014
- What’s A Financial Intervention? September 23, 2014
- The Stupidest Investment Question Ever September 18, 2014
- Debunking Five Stock Market Myths September 16, 2014
- 6 Must Have Insurance Policies | The Diligent Advisor: […] I first began my career in financial ser...
- What\'s A Financial Intervention? | The Diligent Advisor: […] financial decisions. I’ve watched help...
- The Stupidest Investment Question Ever | The Diligent Advisor: […] about a financial advisors fee, experien...
- The Stupidest Investment Question Ever | The Diligent Advisor: […] has. Always a good question. As an inves...
- Stop Using Your 401(k) As A Piggy Bank | The Diligent Advisor: […] really need to resist the urge to splurg...