I recently watched Charles Dickens A Christmas Story. I’ve probably seen various versions of it a million times. I’m sure you have too. Old Bob Cratchett possessed the Christmas Spirit year round. He was happy with his family and the season. Something that’s hard to do in our modern times, let alone get that spirit […]
You’ve probably needed some money advice recently. Whether that was about saving, spending or investing. The thing is, money advice comes at you from every direction and there is an endless supply of it. Who did you turn to? Family, friends, online or your bank? Be careful to whom you actually listen to. It can […]
The Dow is within striking range of 18,000 and may hit it by the time I post this article. To be honest, it really doesn’t mean a lot. Many investors get really spooked by these levels. I’m not sure why. If I had to guess why they get spooked, I’d say it’s because they are […]
How much money is enough? Ah, the age-old question about money. I think most of us would answer there’s never enough. I know I never seem to have enough for all the things I want to do. When I consult clients during financial planning, many of them have no idea how much retirement or a […]
I know you’re busy checking your list twice and hitting all the sales at this time of the year. But there’s a different kind of sale you might want to check out before year end. It’s one of the best kind of holiday sales. One where you can trim your tax bill before April 15th! […]
Most of us have savings and some debt. From time to time you’ve probably wondered if you should just get rid of the debt by using some or all of your savings. First, everyone’s situation is a little different. Each of us have different amounts of savings and debt. Each of us have different cash […]
Why is it so hard to save money? It’s pretty hard for most people. I have a few theories. Instead, let me start with a dream I had once. I distinctly remember being a bank teller. It’s not a modern bank, but a bank from a Western movie. I’m wearing one of those old-fashioned armbands […]
Thanksgiving. I think of pilgrims, pumpkin pie, turkey and football. In reality, it’s all about what we are thankful for in our lives. Every year when I write my Thanksgiving article, I try to think of something meaningful to share. Sometimes it is easy, other times it can be hard. Last year I wrote about […]
Did you just change jobs? Have a IRA Rollover or 401(k) you haven’t moved yet from a previous employer? I received a couple of calls in the past few days from my 401(k) clients. Thank you by the way, it inspired this article! Both client were asking the same thing. What should I do with […]
Imagine waking up in a hospital bed. You have no idea how you got there. You look around confused and start pulling off wires. You push the little nurse button again and again. No one responds. There are no sounds either. So you muster up your strength and stagger outside your room. Only to find […]
About David Dedman
David A. Dedman is President and Founder of Lexington Wealth Management, a wealth management and 401(k) advisory firm. David has been assisting investors and business owners invest smarter, grow wealth and plan for the future for over 20 years. David has appeared in such publications as WealthManagement.com and the Huffington Post.
- Fear and Greed: Still the Great Motivators April 1, 2012
- 5 Reasons to Do Financial Planning…Even During A Zombie Apocalypse March 22, 2012
- Sudden Wealth from a Life Event? July 17, 2014
- Oh No! Not Another Market Correction! April 11, 2012
- Why Investors Do The Crazy Things They Do – Concept 1 Anchoring July 18, 2013
- Christmas Spirit December 18, 2014
- 5 Financial Advice Givers You Need To Ignore December 16, 2014
- Dow 18,000 Spooking You? December 11, 2014
- How Much Money Is Enough? December 9, 2014
- Here’s One Holiday Sale You Don’t Want To Miss December 4, 2014
- 5 Financial Advice Givers You Need To Ignore | The Diligent Advisor: […] some money advice recently. Whether that...
- Dow 18,000 Spooking You? | The Diligent Advisor: […] If I had to guess why they get spooked, ...
- How Much Money Is Enough? | The Diligent Advisor: […] I consult clients during financial plann...
- Here\'s One Holiday Sale You Don\'t Want To Miss | The Diligent Advisor: […] talked about tax-loss harvesting in a fe...
- Should You Use Your Savings to Pay Off Debt? | The Diligent Advisor: […] of us have savings and some […]...