Thanksgiving. I think of pilgrims, pumpkin pie, turkey and football. In reality, it’s all about what we are thankful for in our lives. Every year when I write my Thanksgiving article, I try to think of something meaningful to share. Sometimes it is easy, other times it can be hard. Last year I wrote about […]
Did you just change jobs? Have a IRA Rollover or 401(k) you haven’t moved yet from a previous employer? I received a couple of calls in the past few days from my 401(k) clients. Thank you by the way, it inspired this article! Both client were asking the same thing. What should I do with […]
Imagine waking up in a hospital bed. You have no idea how you got there. You look around confused and start pulling off wires. You push the little nurse button again and again. No one responds. There are no sounds either. So you muster up your strength and stagger outside your room. Only to find […]
This summer before Labor Day, I saw plenty of Halloween stuff out in the stores. No big deal right? Then I saw Christmas Trees displayed before Thanksgiving. Wow. This morning I heard Christmas music on the radio and we are weeks away from Thanksgiving! What does all this mean? Well, if anything it means someone […]
Global pandemics like The Plague and Ebola scare the crap out of me. Both are highly contagious and cause a painful death. So what does The Black Death and Ebola have to do with investing? Bare with me. Recently I was reviewing a prospective client’s statement. Something jumped out at me. It wasn’t a particular […]
In a word…Yes. I get asked this question frequently. In fact both qualified plans like a 401(k), and IRAs have protection from creditors. It depends on the state you live in and the type of judgement you face. In 2005 the Bankruptcy Abuse Prevention and Consumer Protection Act specifically excludes employer-sponsored retirement accounts with an […]
What’s so scary about retirement? According to the clients I’ve worked with over the years…plenty. From losing your working income to rising healthcare costs. There’s a lot to make you jump like a teenager watching a scary movie. So what do current and future retirees have to worry about? Quite a bit actually. Here’s a […]
This won’t be my traditional article about money. It will be about Halloween. Halloween is the beginning of my favorite time of the year – fall! Don’t get me wrong, I love summer and sunshine. But there’s something nice about fall and the crisp air and the holidays that come one after another. Festive…yea, that’s […]
It’s on every investors mind. Shall we dare speak it? What will I do if the market falls? If you’ve been investing for any length of time then you’ve experienced a market correction much like the one we are in now. But I’m not talking about a mere 10% correction. I’m talking about a drop like […]
October is month when leaves are changing color, there’s a nip in the air signaling the beginning of fall, and of course stock market corrections! I can’t believe as I write this that we have already entered the fourth quarter. Boy time flies! I’m completing my year end client reviews and advising clients on their […]
About David Dedman
David A. Dedman is President and Founder of Lexington Wealth Management, a wealth management and 401(k) advisory firm. David has been assisting investors and business owners invest smarter, grow wealth and plan for the future for over 20 years. David has appeared in such publications as WealthManagement.com and the Huffington Post.
- Fear and Greed: Still the Great Motivators April 1, 2012
- 5 Reasons to Do Financial Planning…Even During A Zombie Apocalypse March 22, 2012
- Sudden Wealth from a Life Event? July 17, 2014
- What Will the End of the Bush Tax Cuts Mean for You? May 29, 2012
- The Difference Between Saving & Investing June 12, 2012
- What I’m Thankful For November 20, 2014
- Changed Jobs? Rollover Questions Answered November 18, 2014
- 4 Things Your Investment Plan and The Walking Dead Have In Common November 13, 2014
- How My Christmas Will Be Debt Free November 11, 2014
- 5 Investments Strategies To Avoid Like The Plague November 6, 2014
- What I\'m Thankful For | The Diligent Advisor: […] year I wrote about how retailers are rui...
- Changed Jobs? Rollover Questions Answered | The Diligent Advisor: […] a IRA Rollover or 401(k) you haven’t m...
- 4 Things Your Investment Plan and The Walking Dead Have In Common | The Diligent Advisor: […] evolves and chronicles the journey of a ...
- How My Christmas Will Be Debt Free | The Diligent Advisor: […] This morning I heard Christmas music on ...
- 5 Investments Strategies To Avoid Like The Plague | The Diligent Advisor: […] this. Enron of course was a large legiti...